Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 6: Rincon Redux

I meant to go surfing today... I knew surfers (sometimes) got up early, so I got up at 9, went to the donut shop down the block, and called the surf school. We made plans for 2, but he called me up at 1:00 and said the wind was off and the waves were terrible, and we put it off till tomorrow at 7.30. Apparently surfers get up well before me.

So I spent the day on the beach reading political theory/autobiography and then walked a half-hour up the beach to dinner (and overshot by another 20 minutes... which had me cutting across a pasture dodging cow pies and barbwire.). Mahi-Mahi and Chardonnay, served to me by a girl with a bronx accent... who was born and raised in Rincon.

Fun Facts: A falling, dried, palm branch makes alot of noise. You can get coconuts out of treetops by throwing rocks at them. You can get rocks into treetops the same way.

So tomorrow is surfing, and maybe Arecibo... If so, there will be pics. As it is, I didn't take any (omgwtf) today, so have one from yesterday that I touched up today:


No comments:

Post a Comment