Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day 5: Beach


Yesterday I said that I would walk nowhere today, and today that is what I did.

I spent all day at the beach swimming, reading, and sunburning one foot (and somehow not the other). I learned that my waterproof watch is indeed waterproof, and that my waterproof camera is waterproof, but that doesn't meant it takes good pictures underwater.

I managed to read the entirety of The Dark Side of the Universe - a primer on the Big Bang, dark matter, and the state of cosmlogy circa 1990... it's been on my night stand for years.

I snuck up to the roof with subway for dinner, did some research on future towns / islands, and now I'm on the porch with Kalle Blomkvist, drinking a Corona w/ Lemon (not all bars are created equal) and playing stupid candle games trying to keep it lit.

The camera only had a "every few seconds" mode, so getting a good shot came down to luck, as most were murky pictures of my chicken-legs. But I liked this one.



1 comment: