Thursday, May 26, 2011

PR2: Day 5: We don't rent a car.


TL;DR: I don't rent a car, then we play dress-up.

...


We wrote today off from the beginning, so that was good. I had a vague goal to get back to the gazebo with a tripod so I could fix my shot of the city, but I have a few days still here. We went to breakfast/lunch at Denny's, but this time I had a full battery instead of an empty one, which gave me time to copy/paste and update my blog.

After lunch, we went out to rent a car from the place Amy had called. They even ran out of what we had reserved, upgrading us to an older (but faster) Pontiac. But my Discover card wouldn't go through. I called the company and they said that it was replaced by the other card that I ordered, even though I checked the box marked "In addition / both active" and not "New Replacement." Which I could understand if my old card hadn't worked in every gas pump I've used for the last year. No problem, I'll use my visa! My visa card is back in MD, and no one is home to let me know the number. I'll pay cash! We walk to the ATM, I try to take out the maximum amount which will just cover the security deposit+rental charge: "You have already reached the maximum daily allowance." I tried two lesser amounts with the same result before setting off to the next atm. At this one there was a man in front of it on his phone with the bank... the ATM had charged his account and returned no money. Strike two. We get in the car and drive to another ATM that clearly says that I'm allowed to take out the amount I need. Sweet. Withdrawl from checkings! "Insufficient funds. Your account has a current balance of $0." It doesn't. Withdrawl from savings? "Your account has been suspended for suspicious activity."

Tune in tomorrow for round 2.

The girls spent the evening playing dress-up. The girls are older, the makeup expertly (but still thickly) applied, the princess dresses replaced with leather boots and corsets. Makeup perfect, hair styled, they recruited me as a photographer until I filled both my 4 gig cards. Nothing brings a sparkle to a girl's eyes like 4 types of eyeliner and a fancy lens.


1 comment:

  1. While I'm glad you had fun, photographing a session of pretty-pretty-princess sounds like a new hell to me. See you Sunday!

    ReplyDelete