Wednesday, May 25, 2011

PR2: Day 2 San Juan to Ponce

Today I avoided the rain and read. The plan was to go to Condado, spend the day reading, and meet up with Aminta to head over to Ponce.

However, everytime it dried up enough outside to go read on the beach, it started to rain again. Finally, at around 4:00 it was finally dry enough to go out. And by the time I was half way there it began to rain again. Luckily, it only spat a little and after a brief pause under a bridge it was fine. So I spent a couple hours reading on the wall in condado, watching boogie-boarders... But then it rained, and it was decided that I'd have an early dinner. Stromboli and Chardonnay. Yes, Ray, I know that isn't the matching wine.

After a stretched-out dinner (and the end of my Star-Wars book) it was dry enough to go out again. I snapped the shot at the end of this post, and read Diary by the light of the setting sun. I still had two hours until I met up with Amy, but there were security lights on the apartment building that probably confuse every turtle hatchling in a mile-long stretch of beach. Luckily, I am not a baby turtle, so they were pretty convenient for me. It did try to rain again, but I hid in a bus-stop, then walked to the Radisson where I started my last trip to PR to catch a cab to the Coliseo, where Aminta's concert had just let out.

I met up with her / her friends, then we drove home to Ponce. On the way, we saw a vehicle laying / moving a line of plastic jersey barriers by eating them up and spitting them out the back as it drove along. If I was driving alone, I would have gone back to take a picture of it... I'll try to google it for you. The rest of the trip (all of the trip for the non-engineers) was pretty non-eventful. I learned some Puerto Rican (to scratch = escratchar. Car = carro. Not coche. Spanish class was useless). After arriving at another friends house in Ponce, we talked until the early hours about everything. Or rather, the girls talked. I crashed out on a sofa around 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment