Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day 24:Fin

Today was a slow day. Got up late, had grocery-store breakfast before splitting a taxi to the airport. At the airport I had some mushy candy that had melted in my pocket and read before getting on a plane to Philly. We flew out over Old San Juan, but other than that the flight was over the ocean and a pretty boring 4 hours.

In Philly I (surprise) read and had dinner, before getting on a 23 minute flight to BWI (I timed it), and.... that's all. Like I said, a slow day.

So, lets do a summary instead. Puerto Rico is beautiful. I might be back three weeks from today.

And a better summary, by the numbers:

2 countries,
3 pickuptruck bed rides,
5 states,
7 islands
9 flights
11 islands if I count generously
11 boat-trips
18 1/2 books
24 days
599 pictures
4000 miles, 100 of them by foot
4500 dollars

I found that I am most happy when I am traveling, not when I am arrived, and I've come to realize that the same sentiment can be applied to life: The journey itself is the true destination.

2 comments:

  1. but how many photos? that's got to be a nice round number somewhere between the 24 days and 4000 miles which are orders of magnitude apart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Updated for you... and it slotted in magnitude-wise rather nicely.

    ReplyDelete